1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Win 10 version 1809 ships

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Dennis Nicholls, Oct 3, 2018.

1. Dennis Nicholls

Dennis Nicholls Lead Actor

Dennis
    Going to bed last night I clicked on the update button, expecting to just get a virus definition update.

Instead I got the update to Win 10 version 1809. I wasn't expecting this so soon.

Thus far no problems. Win 10 1809 installed successfully on both my Dell 3010 (i5 ivy bridge) and Dell E6420 (i5 sandy bridge). The update did need defrag to be run as it showed 10% frag on the 3010 and 12% frag on the E6420.

2. Dennis Nicholls

Dennis Nicholls Lead Actor

Dennis
  3. Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon Moderator

I don't know if this is related, but my wife's laptop this morning--running Windows 10--booted to a black screen (with cursor) and Cortana (something she has NEVER used or ever turned on) telling her she needed to "unlock her device."

There are plenty of tips online as to how to fix that. But she was quite unnerved...especially when her laptop started talking to her!

4. DaveF

DaveF Moderator

Dave
    I'm holding off on this update. I'm genetically predisposed to upgrade ASAP. But my HTPC is finicky and I'm trying to be smart and give it time to settle out any hiccups.