1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Better than the movie theater experience?

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Martin Dew, Sep 4, 2018.

1. atfree

atfree Producer
    Supporter

Alex
    To each his own.

2. John Dirk

John Dirk Screenwriter
    Supporter

JOHN
    I'm willing to pay somewhat more but I generally agree, which is why I'm also waiting this out for awhile.

Unlikely in our lifetime at affordable prices. You basically have to choose. Superior picture quality on a smaller screen or a larger screen that, while still completely awesome IMO, can't match your 4K LED's in color saturation or contrast. You can probably tell I've already made my choice. Just waiting for reasonable prices.

3. Carlo Medina

Carlo Medina Executive Producer

I know a front projector will never be as good as a direct LED/OLED experience. I just need it to come relatively close at an affordable price ($2500 or less), 4K, HDR, etc.

Although there are now 82" LED sets coming down in price, so in a few years, who knows. I would consider an 82" at a relatively short viewing distance, to be close to field-of-view-filling.

In a relatively short-view distance (less than 10') I think I would consider an 82" LED TV with my current audio setup to be comparable to the experience in a small theater, but with the added convenience of being able to pause/rewind and control the ambience of my living room vs. having to deal with all the bad behaviors that can happen in a theater.